Monday, June 22, 2009

The works posted here are some of my most recent, all done in the North Carolina studio.
Which is a 16'x 24' garage. It is in the back yard which is a 1/2 acre from the house.
I am alone now as an artist. I do not have the influences of an instructor, or the well missed moments of reflection in a pub with friends or fellow artists.
These works are different, fresher, and more vulnerable. I haven't analyzed them internally and they are less personal and more about the process of freeing my mind of past programing.
Most of them are inspired by Picasso. I started viewing his work since I moved here a year ago. It has loosened me up and helped me move the hand and stop scratching the head.
Now in solitude I have the time to reflect and do the work that speaks to me without an outside influence. These are the humble beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment